Thursday, April 7, 2011

Simple things for a simple man...

As I have been preparing items for the 2011 season opening of our Flea Market that is rapidly approaching,  I look forward with much anticipation to offering great re-purposed/re-furbished goods for your home & garden!

Often during the creative process, I am reminded that I enjoy simple, old things that have had a previous life prior to coming into my possession to be transformed or merely appreciated.  Maybe it is because I am a simple man in a lot of ways or that I was probably born with an old pioneer type soul.

One of the simple things that makes me stop and think on a regular basis is a vintage farm plow. I acquired it a couple of summers ago and although it has long since been retired from its original purpose, it is now part of the landscape in my backyard:

Although it is simple in form and function, the thought came to me that someone–maybe a father like me, used to depend on it to plow his fields in preparation for the planting of a garden for his little family. It probably was a lot of work yet a necessary implement needed to yield a beneficial harvest. I am certain that he was grateful that someone had invented and manufactured this plow to assist him in his efforts to be a good Provider...

PONDER What invention are you glad you have in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment