Tuesday, March 8, 2011

chicken coop for the soul

As a modern day treasure hunter of sorts, I can honestly say that I literally get a rush when I come upon certain items that someone, for some reason has chosen to discard or sell. 

One such item was this very old, very battered set of chicken roosting boxes. Oh how my heart went pitter-pat when I spied them on that cool, fall evening leaning up against the fence!! I HAD to have them. They would be mine!

To my good fortune, they were still for sale. Oh happy day! “SOLD, to this city gal" I said! 

You may be wondering, “what in the world does one do with a reclaimed chicken roost one buys?” I knew EXACTLY what my plan was---re-purpose it into shoe cubbyholes in my entryway of course!

And, even though I have yet to clear a spot for them and they remain perched outside further enduring the elements, they are near the top of my ever-growing 'things I have every intention of doing soon' list.

Ahh, truly a literal Chicken Coop for the Soul of sorts every time I look at them...

No comments:

Post a Comment