Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Industrial Salvage Look

Incorporating industrial salvage adds to the look of modern-day, clean-line furnishings and creates a sense of history which, in my opinion, every home needs to have to feel comfortable. It adds character as conversation pieces and they are utilitarian as well. Bonus.
It’s also part of the collective effort in the recycling of objects and it is good to find new uses for materials instead of pitching them into the landfills.
As a refurbisher, I am always on the lookout for unique ways to reuse and re-purpose items. I ran across this cool picture of an industrial cart-turned-coffee table. I promptly broke a commandment. You know the one--about not coveting.


This has been added to what I like to call my “seek and acquire” list. I remain hopeful that I will come across this or something like it in the very near future. And, as part of my quest, I hope to offer more industrial items for sale at this season’s Flea Markets...

Make it a great day…

No comments:

Post a Comment